Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Highway robbery???

 Or maybe not.  I took my car in to the dealership today to get a headlight replaced.  First they checked to be sure they had the part, then quoted a cost of $72 plus labor.  I gulped a little but they've always been honest with me before so I told them to go ahead and put it in.  An hour and a half later (admittedly I didn't have an appointment) the car was ready to go.  Out of curiosity, when I had time this evening, I googled Fiat 500L replacement headlight bulbs.  The prices quoted, average replacement cost, ranged from $94 to $103. My total cost, before tax, was $101.10, so I shall not complain, at least not much.  It still does make me wonder though why such a little bitty item costs so much.  I suspect it's similar to the reason why some little bitty pills cost so much.  One of my granddaughters is taking an Economics class this summer.  Perhaps I'll ask her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment