Thursday, May 19, 2022

I'm so disappointed.

 I took a quick glance at my trivia calendar this morning and saw a question that said "How much of the land on earth is dessert?"  I got so excited, envisioning great areas of chocolate sauce or ice cream at the poles.  Even if they were thinking of fruit as dessert that would be fine.  I love blueberries and pineapple and lots of other delicious fruit.  Then I looked more closely and realized that they were talking about deserts, not desserts.  Probably more realistic but not nearly so delicious. 

In case you're wondering, the answer is about one fifth, which includes polar deserts.  Deserts are found on every continent on earth.  But now that I think about it, so are desserts. I bet more that one fifth of the earth is covered with dessert.  There's cocoa beans and sugar cane, and corn for corn syrup, and orchards and pineapple fields and bananas and sugar beets and wheat and rice for flour.  The list goes on and on.  Hooray for an earth covered in dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment