Sunday, May 22, 2022

Wait? What did I miss?

 I googled special days today because my west coast brother was driving to Oregon and didn't have time to do the research.  What I discovered, much to my amazement, is that May is Older Americans Month (not day, month!).  Why wasn't I told about this? Why aren't there ads on TV, banners hanging from the street lights, notices in the newspapers?  I definitely qualify as an older American.  Where are my flowers, cards, candy or other symbols of honor and celebration?  I mean, it's taken me a long time to become an older American, although it does seem to have happened much more quickly than I expected.  Meanwhile, while I'm getting over the lack of celebration of older Americans, I've discovered that today is "Buy a Musical Instrument Day."  Maybe all of us older Americans should form a marching band to draw attention to our special month.  A friend of mine had a drum set for sale at her garage sale this weekend.  I was tempted but decided that my neighbors upstairs and down might not appreciate it.  Unless, of course, they are older Americans, then they might want to join my band.

No comments:

Post a Comment