Saturday, May 28, 2022

Road trip...

 My west coast brother and his wife are currently on a road trip to Oregon, not for fun but to deal with some family inheritance issues.  He mentioned in his text to me today that they are enjoying 'Oregon sunshine' aka rain.  That reminded me of a very rainy road trip that my husband and I and our two pre-teens took one year.  We were traveling generally eastward after visiting my west coast brother, and experiencing very chilly, rainy blah weather.  After two dismal days my husband suggest that we turn south towards Las Vegas.  He had been there for a conference the year before and thought we would have fun.  I had reservations having formed a James Bond impression of what Las Vegas must be like.  I was so wrong.  From the slot machines in the laundry room at the KOA campground (yes, we were camping all the way) to the innocent games at Circus Circus it was all fun.  And it was warm and dry.  Which makes me think, I haven't been back to Las Vegas for several years.  Road trip any one?

No comments:

Post a Comment