Thursday, August 13, 2020

giving her credit

 You all know that I am a little suspicious of statistics so when I heard Kamala Harris quote one yesterday I decided to check it out.  By the way, I do like her as a VP candidate.  The statistic she quoted yesterday was that in this country, one person is dying every 80 seconds of Covid 19.  Well, I did the math and she was right, at least for yesterday.  There are 86,400 seconds in 24 hours.  If you divide that number by 80 the result is 1,080 and yesterday, according to today's news report, 1,500 people died in the US of Covid 19.  So she was being dramatic and conservative at the same time.  Believe me, I do not take this pandemic lightly.  But I do find it reassuring that, at this rate, the whole population of our country won't be killed off by Covid 19 for 823 years.  I have high hopes that we will have a vaccine before then.  

No comments:

Post a Comment