Sunday, August 16, 2020

No more apartment envy

 This evening, as part of a socially distanced, mask wearing gathering of some church friends, I finally got to see one of the Skyline Tower apartments.  I have been curious about these apartments ever since I watched the huge Ash building complex being built across from our church about five years ago.  There wasn't anything available there in my price range when I decided to move downtown so I never toured them.  So, as I said, today I got my chance.  The apartment was beautifully decorated, with nice furniture and accessories.  The kitchen had lovely stainless appliances and the view from the wall of windows and the balcony was very nice,  I especially enjoyed the outdoor park area on the fifth floor.  There is no doubt they are really nice, new apartments.  By contrast, my apartment, in a building built in 1965, looks a little shabby around the edges.  But, my rooms are larger, I also have two bedrooms and two bathrooms, and lots more storage space, my balcony is much larger and my view is, in my opinion, better.  And of course, my monthly rent is only half as much.  I'm so glad I got to see that apartment.  Curiosity satisfied and no apartment envy here.  And, as for the fancy furniture, never mind.  I'll sit on my old blue sofa and dream of my next vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment