Monday, August 31, 2020

corn anyone?

 Ready or not, here it comes - the corny joke of the day from my seniors exercise class.

Dr. Geezer was bored with retirement so he decided to begin practicing medicine again on a small scale.  He posted a sign on his office door that said Any Ailment Cured - $500, if I can't cure you I will pay you $1,000.  Dr. Young didn't believe that this old geezer could possibly do what he claimed so he decided to put him to the test,  Dr. Young came to Dr. Geezer's office and said "I've lost my sense of taste.  Can you cure me?"  Dr. Geezer said to his nurse "Get the medicine on the middle shelf of cabinet 22 and put three drops on his tongue."  When the drops hit his tongue, Dr. Young gasped "That's gasoline."  "Congratulations, you've regained your sense of taste.  That will be $500."  Dr. Young paid, left and came back for his revenge several weeks later.  "Dr. Geezer," he said "I've lost my memory.  Can you help me?"  "Nurse, get the medicine from the middle shelf of cabinet 22 and put three drops on his tongue." "Oh no" said Dr. Young, "that's gasoline."  "Congratulations, your memory has been restored. Pay me."  Dr/ Young paid the $500 but now he was really angry and wanting to get even.  He came back to Dr. Geezer's again.  "Doctor" he said "I'm loosing my eyesight.  Can you cure me?"  Dr. Geezer shook his head sadly and said "I'm sorry but I can't cure that. Here's your $1.000." and handed him a $10 bill. "Wait, this is only $10."  "Congratulations, your eyesight has been restored.  Pay me."  There's no moral to this story.  Just watch out for tricky old geezers.

No comments:

Post a Comment